May 2, 2013

A Beautiful Exchange

2nd May 2013

Untitled

Earlier today, a Chinese friend of mine wrote to me about a loss she's currently experiencing, similar to a loss I recently faced. We shared our experiences and tremendous comforting words to lift each other up. We also shared the beauty in seeking and finding love from God. She shared with me some words of comfort from the Baha'i writings. I shared with her some lovely words from the Qur'an.

Despite all of these taking place in writings over a social network, I believed and felt both of us smiling through it all. Today, and tomorrow, and many days after, I hope you will continue smiling and experience even more love from God. Thank you, Allah, for allowing us to experience such a beautiful exchange.

"Believers, be they Jewish, Sabean, or Christian - all those who believe in the Omnipotent and the Last Day and remain righteous - shall have nothing to fear nor shall they grieve." Surah Al-Mā'idah [5:69]

No comments:

Post a Comment