May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

I have been talking about motherhood far too often. If not on paper (or the World Wide Web), in my head. I guess that's how much it consumes me. My thoughts, my feelings, my plans for the day, my day-to-day decisions, my career decision, my dinner plans, and what have you. One way or the other, they all centre around wanting the best for my daughter. And in between the tears I secretly cry either of joy from seeing my child's first two wobbly steps, or from missing her after approximately three hours of being away, or from the worry of not being good enough for her, I then wonder how much tears my mother had secretly cried for me that I had taken for granted of. A mother's love really is something else. And I don't think I can ever thank my mother enough.

My Mother's Day so far has been spent just the way I like it - with my daughter. Painting, crafting and making a little something for both her grandmommas. She painted those entirely on her own, and I am grateful for the time I get to watch her learn and grow.

Happy Mother's Day to every single one of you, beautiful Mommas.

Mother's Day craft Mother's Day craft

No comments:

Post a Comment