March 9, 2014

Weekly Stills: Week #3 (3rd-9th March 2014)

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I am writing this much later than the entry was scheduled for. Because as it turned out, the 9th of March became the final day of my pregnancy, bringing me into the much-talked journey of motherhood. The days and weeks then on were spent being pretty much shocked and in all kinds of nervousness assimilating into this new role of mine, therefore producing an abandoned blog.

While I mercilessly left this blog to collect some dust, I had been taking photographs like I never did before. So here's resuming the Weekly Stills series, going back from where I left off.

The final week of my pregnancy had been somewhat eventful, much to my surprise. There was the mini jamming session at home with the cats doing my husband's rendition of the Sesame Street's theme song. There was the flea market we randomly decided to wander around at. There was that stall of coconut drink by the roadside we hung out at on a blazing hot afternoon. There were the multi-coloured cupcakes we had for tea. There was some tidying up around the house as I released my final nesting instincts. And there sure was a lot of hanging out with the cats.

And then there was that baby bump shot I decided to do at the usual orange backdrop to complete my bump-shot series. Who knew that a couple of hours later at four in the morning, my water would break, making that final bump shot really my final bump shot? Who knew that the last minute decision to dine at FIQ's Gastronomy for our first time that night would become our final pre-baby date night?

And so began my fourteen hours of labour in the wee hours of the 10th of March. But that's an entire new entry altogether.

Click here to view the complete Weekly Stills photo series.

No comments:

Post a Comment