April 13, 2014

Weekly Stills: Week #8 (7th-13th April 2014)

Orked's Nursery 4 weeks 1 day 4 weeks 1 day Daddy's Birthday 4 weeks 4 days 4 Weeks 4 Days Untitled 4 weeks 5 days

This week would be a week of celebrations. Orked turned a month old. Her daddy turned a year older too.

I usually would bake my own cakes for my husband's birthday in the previous years. But as I was still in my confinement period and had not yet mastered the skill of doing things other than feeding or bathing my baby in this pretty hectic newborn period, a Secret Recipe cake would do for now. My mother helped me get the cake from a nearby Secret Recipe, making sure there were no writings on it based on my special request. I decided that since I did not bake the cake this time around, I probably could do something quick that is somewhat personalized - the writings on the cake. So I spent a quick few minutes to doodle some hearts and wishes on the cake while Orked napped.

And his present? A result of online shopping, of course.

Unlike the previous years too, I didn't manage to organize a surprise party for him with his buddies now. I sort of thought about it, but had a hard time figuring out the best time to not spoil Orked's bedtime (and the time I would rush for some sleep myself too, considering a newborn's erratic sleeping and feeding schedule). A surprise party was planned, yes. But one with just me and the baby. I mean, with the baby's cries and the time she decides to do that in the middle of the night, she sure knows how to get the party started!

And so for my husband's birthday this year, he got a cake, a little something I got online, a crying baby by the side, and our very first little party as a family of three (at four AM in the morning).

Happy birthday, Sayang.


Click here to view the complete Weekly Stills photo series.

No comments:

Post a Comment