April 20, 2014

Weekly Stills: Week #9 (14th-20th April 2014)

Orked's Nursery 5 weeks 5 weeks IMG_9041 5 weeks 2 days 5 weeks 2 days 5 weeks 3 days 5 weeks 6 days

I think I'm starting to get the hang of life with a newborn now, at least much better than before. We have pretty much settled down at home with a much more predictable schedule too. All gifts and hampers have been unpacked, baby items have been organized, plus I have also just hung the Cufica art canvas I won recently, completing the look of the baby corner in our room I had been envisioning.

My confinement period ends too on Saturday, if we're doing just the compulsory 40 days. If we're looking at the traditional 44 days of confinement period, I'll have until next Wednesday. And if we're looking further into the idea of a 100-day confinement period, I'll have until...forever. Ha. But anyway, I have been feeling great overall now, alhamdulillah. I am getting used to just healthy eating everyday and drinking only lukewarm water, that I actually have begun loving them. So I'm not all hyped up about wanting to drink iced drinks or have ice-cream yet. I'll just go with the flow then based on my overall well-being. I'll have ice-cream only when I crave for one, whenever that will be. So I pretty much don't have a specific 44 or 100 days of confinement period that I adhere to when it comes to eating rules or other traditional routine.

But I know I'm feeling much better now as I have begun life as a stay-at-home-mom alone ever since the recent weekend. Which goes to show how much we've finally settled down too. I have been cooking ever since, in anticipation of well-balanced meals and of fresh healthy ingredients. Not just for me now. But for my baby. For all the neatness I'm passing to her through exclusive breastfeeding.

I have to admit though that there have been a lot of rushing when it comes to cooking and other chores considering how short a newborn's nap is. But there is a feeling of achievement that always comes peering through. I love this independence I feel of taking care of my baby and the house singlehandedly while the husband is at work. The days can be tiring. But they are also ultimately satisfying.

Speaking of satisfaction, the series of birthday presents I planned for my husband finally completed on Monday. The Tedeschi Trucks Band tee arrived that evening, just in time for me to do some quick wrapping before the husband arrived home from work.

Here's to more gorgeous days as a stay-at-home-mom.



Click here to view the complete Weekly Stills photo series.

No comments:

Post a Comment